Filing a claim for missing or damaged goods
All claims must be made in writing, within fourteen (14) days after the date of acceptance of the shipment by the consignee.
Claims for hidden damage or loss, discovered by the consignee after leaving the cargo facility or airport, must be reported within fourteen (14) days after delivery of the shipment.
Claims for overcharges must be made in writing within ninety (90) days of receipt of billing.
The consignee must hold the shipping container, packaging and contents in the same condition as when damage or loss was discovered, for possible inspection by Alaska Air Cargo or its agents.
All transportation charges must be paid prior to claim consideration.
A claim will be considered without payment of transportation charges only when the consignee did not receive any part of the shipment.
Claim Form Instructions (pdf)
Claim Form (pdf)
Forma De Reclamacion (pdf)
Espanol Claim Form (pdf)
To initiate the claim process, please complete the claim form found below.
Filing a claim for a service failure
If not available for delivery within 2 hours of the flight’s scheduled arrival time, the freight charges may be reduced by 50%.
If not available for delivery within 6 hours of the flight’s scheduled arrival time, charges may be reduced to the General shipment rate.
- The product guarantee does not apply to dangerous goods shipments.
- All requests for a reduction in freight charges due to a service failure must be made to Cargo Network Support in writing within 7 days of the service failure.
- Only the shipper, consignee or third-party billing representative (whoever actually paid the freight charges) may file a request.
- The service failure guarantee is applicable to Alaska Airlines flights and flights operated by Horizon Air and SkyWest on behalf of Alaska Airlines.
- The guarantee is for transportation charges only with the following restrictions: flight cancellation or delay due to air traffic control, weather, weight and balance, or acts of God. Other restrictions may apply.
To initiate the service failure claim process, click the form below.
Service Failure Request Form (pdf)
Requesting a GoldStreak refund
Alaska Air Cargo guarantees shipment will be transported on the scheduled flight and recovered within 1 hour of the originally scheduled flight arrival time.
The following guidelines apply:
- Refunds can be initiated when requested by the shipper or consignee within 7 days of the service failure.
- If the GSX shipment is not available for delivery within 2 hours of the flight’s scheduled arrival time, the freight charge may be refunded by 50%.
- Guarantee refund requests may be made by contacting Cargo Network Support (CNS) at 800-225-2752, option 4.
- The guarantee is applicable to Alaska Airlines flights and flights operated by Horizon Air and SkyWest on behalf of Alaska Airlines.
- Guarantee is for transportation charges only with the following restrictions: Flight cancellation or delay due to air traffic control, mechanical delays, government regulations, weather or acts of God, inadequate packaging discovered after acceptance but before loading, and/or tender to Alaska Air Cargo after the specified cut-off time. Other restrictions may apply.
If you still have questions, contact our Cargo Call Center at 1-800-225-2752.